Friday, August 22, 2008

Skywatch Friday


(click on image to enlarge it)

Enjoy more photos from the other participants of SkyWatch Friday.

This is the northeast View overlooking my back yard this (Thurs) evening.

 
  
This is the northwest view overlooking the front yard.


Yep, a storm finally blew into town several hours later.  Unfortunately, it didn't drop much rain.  I'm bummed about that because I didn't water my garden hoping for good soaking.  We have had a wind advisory all day.  I've actually been chasing stuff all over the yard for 3 days now.  Just one of the joys of living on the prairie land that forgot to stop at the North Dakota border.  We are supposedly getting storms pretty much all day tomorrow (Friday) which will hopefully satisfy my garden's thirst and save my water bill.


Now for a little cuteness factor.  These photos were taken in Sertoma Park in Grand Forks, ND.  I often have lunch and snap photos in this lovely park which also hosts a Japanese Garden celebrating it's former sister city of Awano, Japan.  I posted a few pictures of that during Quilly's Alphabet challenge last May.  You can see them here.
 
 
It's a very peaceful park with a coulee running through it. There are several families that nest in this area.  I often have to climb amongst tall grass and stand upon the muddy bank to get photos.  It is definitely one of those times, I wish I had a better camera. 
Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  It is much appreciated. 


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that last photo! If folks haven't biggied it they need to! Talk about having all your ducks in a row .....

juliana said...

nice SW post but i especially like those ducks in the park.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Very dramatic. Those clouds look fit to burst.

Gattina said...

Upcoming storms often do the most beautiful skies. Your reflections are nice too !

Jientje said...

Lovely picture, especially that last one!!
Why would you need a better camera, it's perfect?
I like stormy skies too, I love the drama in them!

Carletta said...

I love that last sky shot!
Put your ducks in a row! - This would be cute for the Camera Critters meme. We post critter photos Saturday or Sunday. You could add the badge and link if you're interested. I enjoy it. Mine's up if you'd like to check out the idea.

Minkydo said...

Thank you everyone for stopping by my blog today!!!

Quilly: Glad you enjoyed the ducks picture. Love the pun :)

juliana: Thank you. I seem to be like a little kid with those ducks. I am fascinated by them :)

babooska: I thought so too. It's hard to believe they took about 4 or 5 hours to do so.

jientje: I do love my current camera. I just want a fancier one with lots and lots of optical ZOOM. TYVM!

Carletta: Thanks for mentioning the new Meme. I've been thinking about it and decided to go ahead. I have lots of critter pictures and will keep on adding more :)

Babs (Beetle) said...

That sky looks ominous!

kjpweb said...

Beautiful Skywatch! Well done!
Cheers, Klaus

P.S.: I had to delete your Mr. Linky, because the link didn't work. I re-entered it with the correct one!

imac said...

Sure did looked stormy clouds, hope you got your rain afterall.

Columbo said...

Nice shots of the sky and beautiful clouds. Hope you get some rain for the garden. Have a great weekend.

LauraHinNJ said...

Lovely cloud pics - thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

Beautiful stormy clouds! Hope all you got was a nice rain and not horrible storms! Beautiful photos...well done...

Minkydo said...

Thank you! We didn't get much rain, just a bunch of lightening and thunder.

Klaus, thank you for fixing the Mr. Linky for me. I realized my error later, but didn't know which blogs I goofed up at.

Dewdrop said...

The sky is so angry looking. Sorry you didn't get much rain.

Bare pantry

My son cleaned out our pantry (dry goods) about 10 days or so ago. My son, who is 24, works in Retail/Grocery so he's the king of expira...