I just found this meme when visiting at Thoughts Of A Father. It's new and hosted by Indescribable Life.
Monday's question was: What do you do to cut your grocery/personal items/household items costs?
- by less junk food
- shop 2x a month (paydays)
- I'm starting a price list so I can see which stores actually have the cheapest items. I only have 3 stores I am willing to grocery shop so it's not going to be the absolute cheapest.
- putting in a garden which won't produce much this year, but we are building it up so maybe in the Summer of '09
- using my local grocery store's green stamps and buying some sale items
- shop at Wal~Mart and Sam's for most of my items even though I have to drive an hour; local store is too expensive and doesn't carry much (joys of rural living)
- shop on church days (Sun/Wed) since church and Wal~Mart/Sam's/Hugo's are all in the same city
- buy name brand items on sale (if I must have name brand)