Sunday, June 22, 2014

Book Reviews on Amazon

I love, love, love to read book reviews, especially the 1,2, and 3 star reviews. I love a good critical review of a book. What I don't love is when a reviewer who absolutely hates a book just has to knock those who like the book. I get that you may hate the book and cannot believe anyone could like it. At this point, I just shut down and can't hear the constructive criticism from the reviewer who slams other reviewers. It's like a door slams shut.

Just a bit of advice to reviewers out there: 
Don't belittle or attack the character of other reviewers.
Don't attack the integrity of the author or publishing company.*

It's totally okay to say you don't understand how anyone could ever love, much less like, the book in question.

*Disclaimer: 
I am not saying that authors, publishers or their various agents never buy reviews. I know some do. It's just tacky to attack them without substantial proof.

No comments:

Bare pantry

My son cleaned out our pantry (dry goods) about 10 days or so ago. My son, who is 24, works in Retail/Grocery so he's the king of expira...