Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Housework

I decided to jump back into the S.H.E housework system.  I'm doing a combination of physical cards and Outlook Calendar/Tasks.  This gives me the reminders when I ignore the box :)

If you haven't heard of the system, it's by Peggy Young and Peggy Jones who affectionately known as the slob sisters.  They wrote a book in the 70s, later revised in the 2000s, called, "Sidetracked Home Executives".  They created an index card system for housework.  In later books and editions they have revamped and expanded the system.  

Daily jobs:
Kitchen:  Empty/Fill dishwasher, wipe down counters/stove/microwave
Bills:  Check bank site
Pets:  Give dog meds, check food/water

It's small, but it's a start.

I'm also establishing Morning, Afternoon and Bedtime Routines.  This list of basic chores sometimes eludes me when I just forget to do things like take meds.  I won't bore you with the details of those.   *lol*

So far the less frequent jobs are:
 
2-3x's a week: 
vacuum, laundry 
Weekly jobs:
clean bathroom, scrub microwave, litter boxes, trash, vacuum stairs, vacuum basement
Monthly: 
clean fridges

No comments:

Bare pantry

My son cleaned out our pantry (dry goods) about 10 days or so ago. My son, who is 24, works in Retail/Grocery so he's the king of expira...