Saturday, November 07, 2009

Yesterday's Vet Trip

We went to pick up a refill on some thyroid medicine for my old girl Amy.  I had to tell the gal to make a note that Smokie (the older/bigger of my two dogs) had died this past summer.  My regular vet was not the one who helped me when things got bad.  He was out of town so I went to the Big City to get emergency help.  That was actually best for several reasons.  I had to make a quick exit as I just about busted out crying.  I only mentioned it because I didn't want to get a note about her shots next spring.  Not sure I could handle that.  I know, I know I'm a big wuss when it comes to my critters.

I'll miss seeing her out the window sitting like a queen on a snow mound.  This was taken in March of this year.



On a funny note, we took Amy (our remaining dog) along for the ride (about an hour away).  I've been taking her on car rides since Smokie passed.  It's easier with just one dog.  Anyway, she was nervous all the way there.  She refused to lie down and shook terribly.  On the way back, she stopped shaking, laid down, and seemed to relax considerably.  I think she knew where she was going and was relieved to know she wasn't getting shots :)  (yes, I'm being silly!)

Here is Amy on her pillow last month. She loves this thing!  It's like her security blanket.


No comments:

Bare pantry

My son cleaned out our pantry (dry goods) about 10 days or so ago. My son, who is 24, works in Retail/Grocery so he's the king of expira...