Sunday, December 30, 2007

Goals for 2008

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day."
~Edith Lovejoy Pierce~

"The Old Year has gone. Let the dead past bury its own dead. The New Year has taken possession of the clock of time. All hail the duties and possibilities of the coming twelve months!"
~Edward Payson Powell

"Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page. Take up one hole more in the buckle if necessary, or let down one, according to circumstances; but on the first of January let every man gird himself once more, with his face to the front, and take no interest in the things that were and are past."
~Henry Ward Beecher



Long Term Goals for 2008:

  • I want to finish medical transcription course by July 14 or earlier. That will require a 6 month extension
  • I want to have at least 1 van load of clutter to donate each month to the thrift stores.
  • I want to work on selling off my home school books during the next year. Kid is about to turn 17, I don't think I need Kindergarten books anymore. *lol*
  • I want to work on listing eBay stuff at least 2x's a month.
  • Take recycling uptown at least every 2 weeks instead of letting the cans in the garage overflow. *lol*
  • Cook more meals rather than depend ready made stuff.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Melinda! Top goal for me, try to stay in contact with friends!
Linda
www.daleandlindasplace.blogspot.com

Bare pantry

My son cleaned out our pantry (dry goods) about 10 days or so ago. My son, who is 24, works in Retail/Grocery so he's the king of expira...