Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Shopping Cart Rant

I want to thank all who put their carts away...instead of leaving them in the handicapped parking space. I am disabled and it's extremely frustrating to have to move a cart before I can park. Try getting out of your car at Wal~mart, hobbling out on your cane on the ice, moving the cart and getting back in your car without getting smucked from behind by an impatient or inattentive driver. Not fun!

Another reason to put your carts away is to save money. Loose carts tend to ram cars when it's windy. That generally means the insurance company has to shell out money, the insured has to shell out money and the general public shells out money for higher insurance rates.

If that doesn't convince you remember that for every cart that is damaged by not being put away raises the prices of things you buy. The store will pass the cost of repairing or replacing damaged carts on to the customers.

For those that put carts away, you have my ETERNAL GRATITUDE.


A thought is often original, though you have uttered it a hundred times.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.
- Wernher von Braun

Our national flower is the concrete cloverleaf.
- Lewis Mumford

No comments:

Bare pantry

My son cleaned out our pantry (dry goods) about 10 days or so ago. My son, who is 24, works in Retail/Grocery so he's the king of expira...