Saturday, February 03, 2007

Fortune cookies

We love Chinese food. Well...we love what Americans call Chinese food. Of course, everyone knows how you get this cookies with silly "fortunes" in them. My mom is the only one who eats the nasty cookie as kiddo and I won't touch them.

I saved the fortunes with the idea of posting them on my blog. I figured that since I love quotes these would be great to post. Okay, I'm lazy and this sounds like an easy thing to do. Problem is I have about a hundred of the little slips of paper in my purse and another 50 or so on my desk. Another one of my great ideas that never came to fruition.

I'm going to try to post a few of these and toss the rest. I wish I had thought to write down who got which one :(

Time is precious, but truth is more precious than time.

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

The person who will not stand for something will fall for anything.

By listening, one will learn truths. By hearing, one will only learn half truths.

Don't be surprised by the emergence of undiscovered talents!

Stop searching forever. Happiness is just next to you.

Better is the enemy of good.

Believe in yourself and others will too.

If strength were all, tiger would not fear scorpion.

They say you are stubborn; you call it persistence.
(
I got this one & it fits me. lol)

Cleverness is serviceable for everything, sufficient for nothing.

It is better to be looked than to be overlooked.
(I think the word over should be after looked.)


The healthy and strong individual is the one who asks for help when he needs it.

To give happiness is to deserve happiness.

The only good is knowledge and the only evil ignorance.
(
This sparked a great conversation between the three of us.)

Do what is right, not what you should.

Adventure is worthwhile in itself.

You have at your command the wisdom of the ages.
(
I got this and believe it refers to my mom :) )

A day of worrying is more exhausting than a week of work.
(
Ain't that the truth!)

Express yourself: Don't hold back!
(I believe kiddo got this...)


Those who wish to sing always find a song.

A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

A wise man knows everything; a shrewd one, everyone.

Generosity provides a solid foundation for mindfulness practice.

It is a silly fish that is caught with the same bait twice.

Old friends make best friends.

May my faith always exceed my fears--the price is too great to go through life afraid.
(
I love this one!!!)

No comments:

Bare pantry

My son cleaned out our pantry (dry goods) about 10 days or so ago. My son, who is 24, works in Retail/Grocery so he's the king of expira...