Sunday, April 16, 2006

Why???

Why did I say I wanted to help set up the new store? I am in so much pain. I hate being sick. Arthritis and fibro are a nightmare. Intense activity tends to bring flare-ups on as does stress. Well, I've had both this past week. I've also had fluctuating weather. I probably shouldn't have transferred so soon. Whine, whine, whine....okay I think I'm done for now. I have to make through the next few weeks until the store is up and I'm back in my regular job. I am trying very hard to not give in to this illness again. Something inside of me is driving me to do this even though I know what could and probably will happen. Oh well, some of us never seem to learn our limits.

On a good note, the kid has been relatively decent this week. No major problems or even attitudes. I'm in a bit of shock over it. He usually doesn't do well with change. My working fulltime (days) again after 3 years of disability is a big change. He thinks I'm nuts and will end up in too much pain/unable to walk again. I pray he's wrong. He's doing good though with picking up some slack or at least not whining when I can't function in the evenings. Good kid.

Went to see the movie 8 Below today. It is a FANTASTIC movie. I absolutely loved it!!! Of course, I am a dog lover. I have two dogs and one of which is a real sled dog (Samoyed/Husky). At 9 years old, Smokie's too old and crippled with arthritis to even think about pulling anything heavier than herself around these days. I am definitely going to be getting this movie on DVD. When I figure out how to post pictures I will post one of my babies.
Hey, it worked. She's not supposed to be on the couch, but snuck up there and I snapped a quick picture before shooing her off. She's a big baby and loves to be up on the couch or my bed.

Here's my other baby. Amy is a Springer and Cocker Spaniel mix. She'll be 9 this July. She thinks she can't live when I'm not right next to her.



Speaking of the movies, most of the previews were for cartoons. I have become a bit of a cartoon movie nut. I love 'em....my son thinks they're lame. He thinks I'm lame for liking them. Oh well. We can't all agree. I am looking forward to seeing Over the Hedge when it comes out on DVD. A new one out is The Wild which looks like a rerun of Madagascar which had me laughing ("The penguins are psychotic.") I guess I just enjoy the simplier, more innocent movies as of late. I want happy endings with no really icky too close to real life stuff in my movies.

Well, I think I hear a book calling my name. I've neglected her (not him or it) today in favor of shopping, movies and computer. *lol*

No comments:

Bare pantry

My son cleaned out our pantry (dry goods) about 10 days or so ago. My son, who is 24, works in Retail/Grocery so he's the king of expira...