Saturday, April 08, 2006

Last day of work...

I change stores next week and go fulltime. I will still be in the Photo Lab and working for Wal*Mart, but in a new city and a brand spanking new store. It doesn't open until the middle of May so I will be setting up and helping train. Exciting and scary are the only two adjectives I can think about this new adventure. I also got a 50¢/hour pay raise today. YIPPEE!!!

Today I received an newsletter called "The Single Connection" from ChristianToday.com I usually get this newsletter from an email list I'm on for Christian singles (not affliated with the afforementioned website). I don't do more than give the newsletter a quick glance most times. Once a while I see a blurb for an article I might actually find interesting. Today was one of those days. The article is So, Why Aren't You Married?


I really enjoyed this statement, "Yes, Connally, for today I am called to be single. I cannot say about tomorrow." WOW!!! I love that. I could say a lot more, but it's a can of worms I'm not sure I want to open. I can't resist making a couple of comments.

I love being single, but am not opposed to getting married one day. I don't anticipate it ever happening. My biggest pet peeve is the well-meaning questions. I wish people would really stop and think about their comments. I hate having to defend my singleness all the time. I hate having to explain why I'm not anti-marriage, anti-men or anti-anything on that score. Now that my son is older people aren't telling me to "give the boy a male role model." I'm being told how "time is running out to have another" or "you'll need someone to care for you in your old age." OH PLEASE!!!

Okay, I had best shut up before I say (type) something I will regret. I just wish people would think before they comment. Some topics really aren't appropriate to discuss unless you are invited to speak on the subject.


No comments:

Bare pantry

My son cleaned out our pantry (dry goods) about 10 days or so ago. My son, who is 24, works in Retail/Grocery so he's the king of expira...