Wednesday, June 17, 2009

God is good.

I posted this yesterday on a home schooling forum for Christian moms. 
God is good!

After spending the last 2½ weeks dealing with seriously and rapidly declining dog, I was feeling pretty forgotten today when she had to be euthanized. I had prayed intensely and almost without ceasing for this dog to not leave me. I don’t ask God for things for myself very often. Don't get me wrong, I pray for myself, but I don't get specific very often, preferring instead to be open to His gifts and leading. I have never been disappointed and frequently stand amazed at the blessings I receive. However, this time I did ask and was quite specific. I prayed hard, I cried, I considered bargaining with God, and I even got angry at times. I don’t know why He said "No." I am sure He has some greater lesson in mind for me. I have to wait upon Him to reveal it.

I don't know about you ladies, but when I am extremely sad, I need chocolate. I wanted a frozen fudge bar, but thought they were all gone. The cost of today's vet trip was unplanned and expensive. Our pocketbook screamed, "OUCH!" I figured I could be a big girl and just ignore my desire for comfort food. I went about my day trying to put the house back in order after the unraveling of the last few days. I put away her stuff and comforted my son. I cried and shared some laughs with those who knew my beloved pet. I cleaned a carpet and even tore apart my Bissell to clean it afterwards. I mentally charted a timetable for some other chores and prepared things for that. Basically, trying to stay busy and not think too much.

A short while ago, I decided to take a quick nap. Sleep has been rare the last 4 days while nursing Smokie. I haven't eaten much either and knew that I had better remedy that first. I went to the freezer to see what I had that could be fixed quickly. What do I find stuck behind the pancake mix? One lone fudge bar that had fallen out of the box. All I could say was "God has not forgotten me." He hasn't. He won't. EVER! It may seem like a simple thing, but simple things DO MATTER to us and to God.

God is good!




*Now off to eat something nutritious before my nap :)

2 comments:

quilly said...

God is good -- all the time.

I am sorry to read about the loss of your beloved friend.  My heart and prayers are with you as you mourn.

Minkydo said...

Yes, He is always good!  Sometimes, I forget.   Thank you for the remembering me during this time.  It is much appreciated.

Bare pantry

My son cleaned out our pantry (dry goods) about 10 days or so ago. My son, who is 24, works in Retail/Grocery so he's the king of expira...