Thursday, March 06, 2008

You Can Eat An Elephant

On my medical transcription school's forum we have a thread called Mini-Goalers; this is where we set small goals to help us study in this self-paced course. It's our way of keeping ourselves on track, encouraging each other and let's us see our progress.

I joined the moderators team at the end of 2007. It's a team of students who come up with an encouraging quote, quote or story. Afterwards we make comments to the various members of the Mini-Goaler threads based on their responses from the previous week. It's a great way to connect with other students and help one another.

I thought I would share what I wrote for this week. It's my second post to the MG thread. I'll only post the initial part of my writing here and leave off my personal comments to individuals as to protect the privacy of the other forum.

>start paste<

Question: How do you eat an elephant?
Answer: One bite at a time.

~~~~

YOU CAN EAT AN ELEPHANT

You can eat an elephant.
Oh,yes you can it's true.
They may be huge but not to worry,
they aren't to big for you.

"Just how can I eat such a thing
that's so immense in size?"
"Just look at it in pieces
and make them all bite size."

You see to look from head to tail
can be a daunting task.
Many would just give up now
and let the elephant pass.

Look at it as if you can
eat it piece by piece,
It may take you a while,
but your goal you will reach.

So, next time you have a task
that is difficult to do,
Remember, you can eat an elephant
so take a piece and chew.


~~~~~~

Graduating and becoming a working MT is our elephant. We can do it by taking one lesson or report at a time. That's the beauty of the MG thread, it allows us to chop our elephant into bite-size pieces. Let's see how your bites are coming along Smiler

>end paste<


Anything we do in life can be an elephant whether it be parenting, work, household projects, educating our children, volunteering, Bible study, friendships, etc... If we break things down into manageable bites, it's much easier to tackle and not become overwhelmed.

Any thoughts? Please feel free to share them in the comments section. Thanks for reading Smiler



No comments:

Bare pantry

My son cleaned out our pantry (dry goods) about 10 days or so ago. My son, who is 24, works in Retail/Grocery so he's the king of expira...