Sunday, December 17, 2006

I'm sad and angry.

I found out last night that a friend and former co-worker committed suicide on Friday night. She was in her mid to late 50's and had lost her husband this time last year. She took care of him for about a year while he was dealing with and dying from cancer. Her doctors recently took her off all her meds, some of which were anti-depressants. WHY?????? This is the worst time of year for depression and these docs knew this anniversary was coming up. I just don't get it.

Susie was a good friend. I loved working with her. We helped each other through our rough nights. We both have/had physical limitations, but were able to manage most nights. There were nights she really cheered me up when I just wanted to scream and cry. I can't believe she is gone. I miss my friend.

This just seems so wrong. I wish there was a way to fix it :(

3 comments:

Blogging by Tina said...

I'd be sad and angry too, Melinda.

(((()))))

Minkydo said...

Thank you. I do appreciate the hug. (((tina)))

Leni said...

Hey Minkydo,

Haven't had time to read blogs lately, so I'm catching up. So sorry for the loss of your friend.